You may be, if–
- One of your life goals is to see every “interesting” film ever made
- Your definition of an “interesting film” is wide enough to include movies of every genre and time-period
- You don’t shy away from watching a film just because it got “two stars” by most movie critics
- You keep lists of all the movies you’ve seen, and those you have yet to see
- You spend far too many of your waking hours watching movies!
What’s this site all about?
A few years after its publication, I bought a copy of Danny Peary’s Guide for the Film Fanatic (1986), and since then, I’ve steadily been trying to see each of the titles listed. I recently decided there was a need for a website where devotees of this book — and other film fanatics — could chat with each other, debate Peary’s selections, discuss how to locate the more hard-to-find films in the book, and more. I also wanted a forum for posting my own reviews for each of Peary’s listed titles, and I’m adding new ones every week. I started this site for me, but I hope you will enjoy it as well!
How can I post comments?
If you’re a fellow film fanatic, I highly encourage you to leave your own comments on my reviews, and vote whether you feel a film is “must see” or not. I look forward to reading your thoughts!